Residential Plumbing in
Kanata is the centre of high-tech industry in the Ottawa area. At the same time, it’s also a fast-growing residential suburb, with a population of well over 100,000. The infrastructure is expanding nicely, which means residents don’t need to drive into downtown Ottawa for all their needs.
Part of the Out of This World advantage is that we know Kanata’s community and homes very well. We’re especially familiar with most of the common plumbing problems of aging houses in your area, so we can readily troubleshoot and come up with the best solutions.
Ask us a Question
If you’re not ready to book yet, feel free to complete the form below. We will respond to your request within 2 hours or less (during office hours). If you want to schedule a service call, please use our online schedule tool or if it is an emergency call us 24/7 at: (613) 519-1342.
Your Trusted Kanata Plumbers
As your nearby neighbours, Out of This World Plumbing is part of that infrastructure. We are ideally located to offer fast, professional Kanata plumbing service, including:
- Plumbing repair
- Maintenance and tuneup
- New installation
- Plumbing planning and renovation
- Drain and sewer service
- Water softeners and purifiers
It’s quick and easy to book an appointment with us, either online or by phone or text.
Are you in the midst of a plumbing emergency? We’re here to help you! Call us for 24/7 repair every day of the year.
Signs of a Water Leak
Stay alert to the following signs that tend to indicate a water leak somewhere in your house. If you notice any of them, turn off the water valve and contact us for help.
- Unexplained spike in your water bill. When your water bill suddenly shoots up 10-20% for no apparent reason, that’s a clue you probably have a hidden water leak.
- Bubbling, discoloured, or peeling paint. Excess moisture from a hidden leak often affects the appearance or texture of paint on your walls or ceiling.
- Mysterious warm spots. Run your hands along the walls. If you feel any strange warm spots, you most likely have a big, noticable leak on your hands.
- Sound of dripping or trickling water. If you hear what sounds like running water coming from behind your wall – when no one is using your faucets, shower, or toilet — believe your ears and contact us for a leak inspection ASAP.
- Mould or mildew. When mould or mildew shows up on your walls, that’s a clear sign of excess damp – frequently caused by a plumbing leak. Even before it’s visible to the eye, mould growth may become obvious in the form of a musty, acrid smell.
- Wet floor or drywall. Wet or mouldy flooring, carpet, or drywall is a definite warning signal that water is flowing from somewhere.
- Water meter reading. Now, not all water meters can be read, so first check if your water meter has a legible dial. Avoid using any water in your house for the next 2 hours; then check the meter once again. A change in the reading will confirm that you do, indeed, have a leak.
Our Plumbing Services
Frozen pipes are not a myth — they do occur on cold Kanata winter days (-15° Celsius or lower) and are quite a hassle. However, Out of This World Plumbing is ready, whether you need frozen pipe repair or prevention.
Learn more about getting your frozen pipes fixed
Plumbing leaks can be hard to detect until you receive an enormous water bill or your walls start sprouting mould. If you have the slightest cause to suspect there’s hidden leakage in your home, ask us to come and take care of it at the source.
Learn more about our professional leak detection and repair.
Toilets can develop all sorts of problems — clogs, leaks, weird noises, inability to flush — and most are rather urgent. Out of This World is available for convenient toilet repair or replacement when you need it.
Learn more about our toilet repairs
When you have a damaged faucet, you might be able to replace it yourself… if you have your whole weekend and a ton of patience to devote to the project. A better option? Call us and get the job done right away.
Learn more about our faucet repairs and installation
Water damage can hit any house in Kanata whenever there is heavy rain or high spring runoff. Safeguard your home; have us install a sump pump with battery backup.
Learn more about installing a sump pump
Is your water heater leaking or not heating properly? We are your go-to source for water heater repair and replacement —– whether for a hot water tank or a tankless heater.
Learn more about our hot water tank repairs and installation
Plumbing Pro Tip for Kanata Homeowners
Most homes in the Kanata area are over 20 years old, and one common issue homes experience at that age is leaking valves. To prevent this, we recommend turning the valves once every six months to prevent them from seizing.
Most homes between: 35-65
Leaks are very common in Glen Cairn. Water marks on ceilings and leaking shutoff valves, toilets and faucets are a reality when homes are this age. It is especially important for people in areas like this to ensure that their main water valve is functional – as they tend to seize after decades of not being used.
Bridlewood, Katimivik, Kanata Lakes & Kanata North
Most homes between: 20-45 years
Toilets & faucets that are original to the home are often coming to the end of their life, and require replacement. Pipes and valves may start to leak, especially under the kitchen sink.
Most homes between: 45-60 years
In addition to general plumbing repairs, we are often invited to these beautiful homes in this area to assist with larger projects to modernize the interior, such as relocating laundry rooms to the main floor, or renovating a bathroom or kitchen.