Ottawa Leak Inspection And Repair Services
Undetected leaks are a major cause of water damage to Ottawa homes, as well as the reason behind many sky-high water bills. When hidden leaks are not treated promptly, they often lead to mould and mildew growth (a serious hazard to human health), basement flooding, and damage to the very structure of your house.
If you have the slightest suspicion that there could be water leakage somewhere in your home, call Out of This World right away, for professional plumbing inspection and any necessary repairs.
Ask us a Question
If you’re not ready to book yet, feel free to complete the form below. We will respond to your request within 2 hours or less (during office hours). If you want to schedule a service call, please use our online schedule tool or if it is an emergency call us 24/7 at: (613) 519-1342.
Why Choose Out of This World?
Let us help you track down that leak!
Some water leaks are obvious – you can easily spot a dripping faucet or water heater, for example. However, hidden leaks are much more difficult to locate without drastic measures like opening up your walls or digging into your foundation.
Fortunately, Out of This World has specialized tools and professional plumbing knowledge to aid us in our plumbing inspection and leak detection. We will track down and repair your problem at its source.
Signs of a Water Leak
Stay alert to the following signs that tend to indicate a water leak somewhere in your house. If you notice any of them, turn off the water valve and contact us for help.
- Unexplained spike in your water bill. When your water bill suddenly shoots up 10-20% for no apparent reason, that’s a clue you probably have a hidden water leak.
- Bubbling, discoloured, or peeling paint. Excess moisture from a hidden leak often affects the appearance or texture of paint on your walls or ceiling.
- Mysterious warm spots. Run your hands along the walls. If you feel any strange warm spots, you most likely have a big, noticable leak on your hands.
- Sound of dripping or trickling water. If you hear what sounds like running water coming from behind your wall – when no one is using your faucets, shower, or toilet — believe your ears and contact us for a leak inspection ASAP.
- Mould or mildew. When mould or mildew shows up on your walls, that’s a clear sign of excess damp – frequently caused by a plumbing leak. Even before it’s visible to the eye, mould growth may become obvious in the form of a musty, acrid smell.
- Wet floor or drywall. Wet or mouldy flooring, carpet, or drywall is a definite warning signal that water is flowing from somewhere.
- Water meter reading. Now, not all water meters can be read, so first check if your water meter has a legible dial. Avoid using any water in your house for the next 2 hours; then check the meter once again. A change in the reading will confirm that you do, indeed, have a leak.
Our Plumbing Expertise
Out Of This World Plumbing offers an exceptional level of customer service and plumbing expertise. Our team of highly trained, licensed plumbers will capably handle all your plumbing leak detection, troubleshooting, repairs, and new installations throughout the entire Ottawa area – to your 100% satisfaction, guaranteed. Emergency service is reliably available 24/7.
In recognition of our outstanding plumbing services, we have earned multiple awards, including the HomeStars “Best Of,” Consumers Choice Ottawa, and the Top Choice Mark of Excellence.
Where We Detect Leaks?
Toilets can leak in a number of different ways, some of which are less apparent than others. For example, a faulty fill valve or malfunctioning flap valve might produce undetected leakage.
A faucet dripping into the sink, tub, or shower is easy to see, but sometimes the water leakage will flow into your wall cavity instead. Bad news!
Most of your home plumbing pipes are located inside your walls, making them a prime spot for hidden leaks. Common causes of leaky pipes include high water pressure, corrosion, loosened fittings, or strain due to untreated clogged drains.
Leaks from sinks are often hidden away inside bathroom vanities or kitchen cabinets, while leakage from a clothes washer might show up only once the appliance has been moved away from the wall. Older tank-style water heaters sometimes develop hard-to-spot pinhole leaks along the base of their tank.
Never worry about Leaks again!
The best way to avoid water damage is to prevent it. Nothing will damage your home faster than an unchecked water leak. Backed by years of product development and industry-leading technology, the FLO smart water valve uses sensors with sophisticated software and automatic valves to detect and stops leaks.