We Fix or Repair All Residential Toilet Models
If you are experiencing issues with your toilet like Toilet clogs, Toilets that won’t flush, Toilets that leak or if your Toilet is making Odd noises. Whatever may be wrong with your toilet, our team can fix it. We can also help you choose the best toilet to install or replace if necessary.
Our trained technicians come fully equipped. We know you don’t want to wait around all day, so we arrive on time ready to go to work with all the parts and tools we need.
For quick Ottawa Toilet repairs or installation services, contact us today for an Out Of This World experience!
To book online, complete the form below. We will respond to your request in 1 hour or less (during office hours).
If this is an emergency, call us 7 days a week at: (613) 519-1342.
"*" indicates required fields
Why Choose Out of This World?
Common Causes of Toilet Problems
Almost everyone has experienced a clogged toilet at some time but there are many other reasons to reach out to a plumber for toilet repairs. Here are some of the common causes we have come across.
How to Prevent Toilet Clogs and Unnecessary Toilet Repairs
We recommend not flushing anything except waste and toilet paper, even if the product is labelled “flushable”. Here are some common things that we’ve seen clog Ottawa toilets.
- Feminine Hygiene Products – they are still one of the most common causes of toilet clogs that we see.
- “Flushable” Wipes – Some baby wipes and other personal wipes are labelled as flushable, and if your toilet and drain installations have been perfectly done you may be lucky. But in less than ideal circumstances these can and do clog toilets and drains.
- Thick “luxury” toilet paper – Some baby wipes and other personal wipes are labelled as flushable, and if your toilet and drain installations have been perfectly done you may be lucky. But in less than ideal circumstances these can and do clog toilets and drains.
- Facial Tissues – Even though they look thin and delicate, remember they can withstand a cold and don’t break down as easily as toilet paper.
- Paper Towels – These are designed to resist disintegration as much as possible, so don’t take a chance with them.
Here are a few other simple things that can help you avoid unnecessary toilet repairs.
- Don’t add any cleaners or pucks to the tank – The chemicals in them can prematurely age the rubber and plastic parts. Putting them in the bowl is fine. However, when chlorine pucks get smaller, they can cause blockage of the water jets.
- Don’t put bricks or water savers in the toilet tank – People used to do this back when 20 litre flush toilets were common, but in today’s low-water volume flush toilets they aren’t needed. These objects can interfere with the flushing mechanism and bricks can shed particles that can cause problems as well.
- Flush after each use – Today’s new low-flush toilets are designed to be flushed every time in order to avoid chemical degradation of the mechanical parts (so don’t “let it mellow”).
Toilet Brands We Carry
While we can install any make or model of toilet brand, we find our customers get great results with these brands.
Out of This World Plumbing is a Kohler-approved professional installer. Whether you buy a Kohler toilet through us or from a local showroom, we can ensure the installation done right.
Learn more about Kohler toilets
Toilet Repair Resources
Does your toilet get clogged all the time when you flush? Looking for answers as to why? In this post we cover the 7 most common reasons that toilets can get clogged, including the easy fixes and the situations in which you’re better off to call a licensed plumber.
Sometimes toilets can make strange noises when certain problems start to develop. Here are some of the most common noises and potential causes.
Toilets often last for years without the slightest sign of toilet trouble. But if your toilet starts to go bad when you have to go badly, well… it can be a calamity.
What’s that noise from the toilet? Does it mean you have a problem with phantom flushing? We’re not talking about the latest “Ghostbusters” film, but