Residential Plumbing in
Presenting … Out of This World Plumbing, Ottawa’s premier plumbing service, now starring in Stittsville!
Out of This World has been providing high-quality, professional plumbing repair, maintenance, installation, and advice to Ottawa-area homeowners since 2004.
Although we started as DS Plumbing, eventually, we felt a name change was in order, representing our ambitions to go above and beyond for our customers. Today, as Out of This World Plumbing, we offer plumbing and water treatment solutions that will allow you and your family to enjoy clean, healthful water in your Stittsville home.
Plumbing Pro Tip for Stittsville Homeowners
One of the top 2 calls we get from Stittsville homeowners is to fix or replace faucets. Many homes in this area have builder-model faucets, which aren’t always the highest quality, and may not be your design preference. If you are thinking of replacing your faucet, check out our video with tips to help you choose the right one.
Home ages: 0-20 years
These homes are new, and the plumbing is generally in good shape. Most of our service calls in this area are to upgrade the builder-grade toilets, faucets, and other plumbing fixtures.
Stittsville East & West:
Age of most homes: 20-35 years
Toilets and faucets original to the home often come to the end of their life and require replacement. Pipes and valves may start to leak, especially under the kitchen sink. To prevent this, we recommend turning the valves once every six months to avoid seizing.
Age of most homes: 10-20 years
Pipes & fixtures are generally in good condition here, as homes are still young. When you see our trucks in this area, we will most likely unblock a drain or carry out a minor repair on a toilet or faucet.
Ask us a Question
If you’re not ready to book yet, feel free to complete the form below. We will respond to your request within 2 hours or less (during office hours). If you want to schedule a service call, please use our online schedule tool or if it is an emergency call us 24/7 at: (613) 519-1342.
Your Trusted Stittsville Plumbers
We are proud to consider ourselves Ottawa’s best plumbers — but don’t just take our word for it. Look at the evidence.
Take, for example, our guarantee of customer satisfaction. Your time, your home, and your family and pets are all important to us. If you feel that you have not received the level of satisfactory service and respect you deserve, we’re ready to refund up to 100 percent of your invoice.
Out of This World has also received numerous industry awards for our outstanding customer service through the years. These include:
- Consumer’s Choice (3 times)
- HomeStars “Best of” (6 times)
- Top Choice Mark of Excellence (7 times)
- And many more!
Signs of a Water Leak
Stay alert to the following signs that tend to indicate a water leak somewhere in your house. If you notice any of them, turn off the water valve and contact us for help.
- Unexplained spike in your water bill. When your water bill suddenly shoots up 10-20% for no apparent reason, that’s a clue you probably have a hidden water leak.
- Bubbling, discoloured, or peeling paint. Excess moisture from a hidden leak often affects the appearance or texture of paint on your walls or ceiling.
- Mysterious warm spots. Run your hands along the walls. If you feel any strange warm spots, you most likely have a big, noticable leak on your hands.
- Sound of dripping or trickling water. If you hear what sounds like running water coming from behind your wall – when no one is using your faucets, shower, or toilet — believe your ears and contact us for a leak inspection ASAP.
- Mould or mildew. When mould or mildew shows up on your walls, that’s a clear sign of excess damp – frequently caused by a plumbing leak. Even before it’s visible to the eye, mould growth may become obvious in the form of a musty, acrid smell.
- Wet floor or drywall. Wet or mouldy flooring, carpet, or drywall is a definite warning signal that water is flowing from somewhere.
- Water meter reading. Now, not all water meters can be read, so first check if your water meter has a legible dial. Avoid using any water in your house for the next 2 hours; then check the meter once again. A change in the reading will confirm that you do, indeed, have a leak.
Our Plumbing Services
Your pipes can quickly freeze — and even burst — when Stittsville winter temperatures drop below -15°. The Out of This World plumbing team will prevent or fix frozen pipes.
Undetected leaks anywhere in the home will cost you, in terms of both enormous water bills and damaged possessions. Stay safe. Contact us for professional leak detection and repair.
A broken toilet is a severe plumbing problem. Whether your toilet is leaking, blocked, non-flushing, or making strange sounds, call us for urgent toilet repair.
If you need a new faucet and don’t want to waste your weekend trying to replace it, count on Out of This World. We are experts at faucet installation and repair.
Out of This World is the place to call when you’re planning to replace or install a new shower or tub. We ensure that your fixture will drain leak-free and last as long as possible.
Stittsville’s snowmelt runoff or heavy rain can cause a disastrous basement flood. Protect your home with our expert sump pump installation.
Is your water heater leaking or just not heating well enough? We will take care of the problem with our professional water heater repair or replacement service. Out of This World services hot water tanks and tankless heaters.